The idea of a portable saw is to offer convenience and flexibility. With the added value of the Scissor Stand, which allows you to set this up anywhere on your work site, this table saw is really pretty great.
The DEWALT DWE7490X 10-Inch Job Site Table Saw with Scissor Stand with Scissor Stand features rack and pinion telescoping fence rails that make fence adjustments quick and easy and a patented material support can be used for narrow rip cuts.
With 28 inches of rip capacity, this machine easily cuts a variety of larger shelving and trim material and it also has a flip over fence which allows for narrow rip cuts. The telescoping fence rails retract to create a small, portable package that can be moved around and carried from place to place easily.
This portable table saw features a 15.0 amp high-torque motor with the power to cut pressure-treated lumber and hardwoods. It offers 3-1/8 inch depth of cut at 90 degrees,and 2-1/4 inch at 45 degrees. The Site-Pro Modular Guarding System allows for tool free adjustments of the guarding components appropriate for each application. This unit also includes a 2 inch Dust Collection Port that easily connects to a vacuum for efficient dust extraction.
This saw/stand combo has board storage and a larger 26-1/4 inch X 22 inch table provides greater material support. This unit also comes with a solid folding stand for easy stand-alone job site use. This is all covered by DEWALT’S 3 year manufacturer’s warranty but their customer service, generally, is not the best.
All in all, I liked using this Dewalt table saw. It has a lot of nice features but you really get what you pay for. If you’re looking for exceptional quality, you’ll need to pay more. If you are looking for something that is a little bit more budget-friendly and will do the job then this is the table saw for you.
PROS OF DEWALT DWE7490X 10-Inch Portable Saw
- The rack and pinion fence make it very simple to align the fence parallel along the blade line.
- The safety power switch prevents power ups during power outages.
- One hand guard system that is easy to use.
- The powerful 4800 rpm motor really works well and is great for a portable saw.
- Has an exceptional ripping ability of 26.5″ for a job site saw
Cons of the DEWALT DWE7490X
- Cannot use magnetic accessories because the top of the saw is not iron but, once again, that comers with the territory.
- If you are a short person, the saw can be a bit awkward to carry.
More Reviews of Table Saws:
- DEWALT DWE7490X 10-Inch Portable Saw – Perfect for What You Pay For
- SKIL 3410-02 10-Inch Table Saw with Folding Stand
- Bosch GTS1031 10-Inch Portable Table Saw – Is It Great For You?