In this page we have provided you with reviews of the best circular saws you can find in the market today. We have done our research carefully to make sure you have the buying experience when looking for the right saw for your needs. In the reviews, we state clearly the features of each saw, to whom it is suitable for, the pros as well as the cons.
Best Circular Saws with 2016 Reviews
1. DEWALT DWE575SB 7 ¼ Inch Lightweight Circular Saw: The Saw for Beginners
The DEWALT DWE575SB Circular Saw is the tough, durable, and affordable battery powered circular saw that is a perfect fit for beginners. This circular saw provides 120 volts of certified frustration free power that is perfect for framers, general contractors, concrete formers, and remodelers. This power saw can handle framing walls, siding, plywood, exterior finishings plus many more applicaitions. This circular saw provides a fast moving blade that produces over 5,100 revolutions per minute.
The DWE575SB weighs under 9 lbs including the electric brake that automatically halts the blade once the trigger has been released. The circular saw has a connected dust blower that helps keep the line of sight clear so that you make the perfect cut every time. The circular saw also comes with an updated cord design that is over three times more pullout resistant than other cords. The electric brake function allows for less than three seconds stopping time.
- Less than 9 lbs. so you don’t have to be all muscly do use the power saw
- 120 volts of certified frustration free quality
- 5,100 RPM (revolutions per minute)
- Electrical brake
- These saws are intended for light carpenter work and does not stand up well against rigorous use for extended periods of time.
- Some models have been reported for having blade security issues.
2. Skil 5480-01 13 Amps 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw: The Affordable Circular Saw
The SKil 5480-01 is the new face of lightweight, durable, and affordability in circular saws. This corded circular saw offers 120 volts and 2.3 horse power circular saw that can be used from all varieties of wood projects. This compact, user friendly circular saw provides 2 point visibility that allows the users to cut straighter lines.
The SKil comes with a safety conscience safety lock that automatically triggers in order to reduce the amount of accidents and material hang-ups. The Skil offers an anti-snag guard option that helps provide more stability. The Skil 5480-01 delivers a unique ball bearing durable motor construct that extends the life of the circular saw. The company promises more stability than previous circular saw models.
The Skil 5480-01 is the most affordable circular saw that is perfect for tackling projects such as fences, sheds, building decks, and other house hold items such as bunk beds and cabinet fictures.
- 120 volts and 2.3 horse power
- Affordable and durable
- Trigger safety lock to reduce risk of accidents
- Some contractors do not like that this saw only comes as a corded option
- Reviewers have reported issues with the saw blade wobbling
- There have been issues reported that the lightweight plastic that the blade is constructed from breaks or cracks easily.
3. PORTER CABLE PC13CSL 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw with Laser-Guide: The Circular Saw of Accuracy
The Porter Cable Circular Saw with added Laser Guide is the new face of accuracy in the table saw world. This corded 120 volt circular saw offers carpenters with a very specific laser guide that helps make the most accurate cut every time you use the product.
This heavy duty circular saw is outfitted with a ball bearing motor that is able to produce over 5,000 revolutions per minute and is able to cut through all varieties of wood from plywood to lumber. The Porter Cable Circular Saw also provides the ability to bevel edges up to 45 degrees.
- The circular saw can be purchased for either left or right handed users for the same price.
- This circular saw is very affordable and a good investment in novice carpenters or someone who just wants a circular saw around the house.
- This circular saw comes with a three year warranty
- Completes 5,000 RPM
- There have been reports of the product getting hung up on pieces of wood that it is meant to be cutting.
- There have been reviews that complain about this circular saw being bulky which wouldn’t work well for smaller built people.
- There is not a blade block on this circular saw and many buyers have reported lack of stability in the flat plate.
4. DEWALT Bare Tool DC390 B 6 ½ Inch Cordless Circular Saw: The Compact Cicular Saw
The DEWALT Bare Tool DC390 B Cordless Circular Saw is the perfect compact circular saw handy for any on the go job. The circular saw is lightweight weighing in less than 8 lbs. and is perfect for various wood works. The DEWALT Bare is used for various home repairs such as dormers, decks, cabinets, book shelves, and various other small home improvement adventures.
The DEWALT Bare Tool operates using an 18 volt rechargeable battery that must be bought separately from the circular saw unit. This 18 volts is enough to tear through many different projects without having to sacrifice performance, convenience, or power. It is important to note that the battery and charger must be purchased separately.
The DEWALT Bare Tool offers an impressive 3,700 RPM which is an optimal speed for cutting through plywood, hardwood, particle board, and virtually any other wood.
- This circular saw comes with a three year warranty and a one year free services contract that allows the company to replace broken or worn parts destroyed by normal use free of charge.
- The circular saw weights a little over 6 lbs. so it is the perfect size to handle securely and to be portable.
- The blade circulates at over 3,700 revolutions per minute
- The 18 volt battery required is not included with the overall package and must be purchased separately
- There have been reported issues about the safety trigger.
5. Hitachi C7ST 15 Amps 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw: The Power House
The Hitachi C7ST Circular Saw delivers a 15 AMP power house with capabilities of powering through any handyman or professional project that it is put up against. This corded heavy duty 120 volt circular saw is able to rip right through materials such as granite, marble, brick, concrete, and other similar materials.
The Hitachi has what is needed both in power and stability to get the job done correctly the first time. The machine is made from a combination of aluminum and steel and has an all-inclusive one piece base that offers stability so that carpenters are able to get the perfect measurements. The Hitachi is capable of producing over 6,000 ROM more than enough to get through any material in the way.
Features for this circular saw include a blade guard, a quality dust blower that allows for a clean line of sight, and chutes that are responsible for expelling debris. The Hitachi also comes with soft handles grips that help to reduce vibration when the machine is in operation.
- This circular saw comes with a 5 year warranty
- This circular saw comes with a blade guard to help protect the operator from major injuries.
- There have been reported issues with the base not providing enough stability for long projects
- There have been some issues with the circular saw still being heavy despite attempts by the company to lighten the saw.
6. Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut Circular Saw: The DIY Saw
The Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut offers an impressive 120 volt 4.0 AMP motor that is prepared to tear through any material that it is presented with. This compact circular saw weighs in at less than 8 lbs. and is perfect for creating professional results with flooring, wood, plastics, metals, ceramic tiles, and many other various materials. The Rockwell VersaCut also comes with a comprehensive laser guide that allows operators to make the perfect cut every time.
The VersaCut is compact and allows the operator the power of larger circular saws with the additional bonus of being tiny enough to fit in tight spaces that are not easily accessed by larger scale circular saws. The Rockwell VersaCut is perfect for a whole range of operators from the DIY operators to the more professional carpenters.
- The Rockwell VersaCut comes with a two year limited warranty
- The Rockwell is light weighing in at less than 8 lbs.
- The Rockwell VersaCut boasts an impressive 4.0 AMP motor
- This circular saw has a laser guide to help ensure perfect lines every time
- There have been issues with the grip and assess ability to the trigger in the event of a kickback
- There have been issues with base stability as well as a wobbly blade
- There have been reports of severe kickback when using the Rockwell RK3440K VersaCut
7. Rockwell RK3441K Compact Circular Saw: The Compact Portable Circular Saw
The Rockwell RK3441K Compact Circular Saw Set delivers a lightweight and compact circular saw system that is ready for every challenge presented its way. The lightweight design has the compact circular saw weighing in at less than 6 lbs. with 120 volts of corded energy running through it. This saw is perfect for all projects and can easily replace bulkier circular saws with just as much success.
The lightweight design offers maximum portability which is key with larger projects such as decks and other additional home repairs. The handle grip allows for maximum stability that is so impressive the circular saw can be operated safely with only one hand. The Rockwell RK3441K Compact Circular Saw is perfect for those small home repairs such as book cases, cabinets, deck repairs, and other small wood based projects.
- This circular saw is lightweight weighing in at less than 6 lbs. allowing maximum portability
- The Rockwell comes with a three year limited warranty
- The Rockwell provides a quality circular saw at a very impressive and inexpensive price.
- The Rockwell offers a carbide blade edge
- There have been some reports of base instability
- There have been reports of the motor and the blades wearing down quickly with long and heavy duty use.
8. Bosch Bare Tool CCS180BL Lithium Ion 6 ½ Inch Circular Saw: The Compact Heavy Duty Machine
The Bosch Bare Tool CCS180BL Circular Saw offers a heavy duty, portable, 120 volt operating system that is ready to power through anything from DIY projects to heavy duty carpentry. The Bosch Bare Tool offers comprehensive features such as anti-snag guards that help reduce the risk of injury to the operator. The saw also provides a heavy aluminum foot that is intended to enhance stability and durability that allows for a more secure cut.
The Bosch Bare Tool is outfitted with a customized tool inlay that allows a secure fit for all your tools to ensure ease of transport. It is important to note that the 18 volt battery and charger for the battery are not included in this kit and must be purchased separately.
- The Bosch Bare Tool Circular Saw comes with a three year limited warranty with two year battery warranty plans available
- The 18 volt battery allows for maximum portability on any type of job site.
- The 18 volt battery needed to power this circular saw is not included with the saw unit. The battery and charger must be purchased separately.
- There have been many reports of issues with the blade being unstable as well as base instability.
- The circular saw unit tends to be heavy and a bit bulky
9. Bosch CS5 120 Volt 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw: The Value Conscious Saw
The Bosch CS5 offers a comprehensive left blade design that caters to DIY operators all the way to the more professional of users. Its inexpensive design allows for heavy duty use without a heavy duty investment. This 120 volt machine delivers over 15 AMPS of energy and a unique left blade design to offer the clearest sight lines available.
The Bosch CS5 comes with anti-snag guards that allows operators to continue working without having to advance the guard which allows for safer use. The circular saw boasts an impressive 6,200 RPM as well as a lightweight design that helps to maximize success while minimizing operator fatigue. The Bosch CS5 delivers heavy duty performance perfect for many home repairs such as cabinets, book shelves, decks, and other various repair projects. The Bosch CS5 is also lightweight that allows for portability options.
- This heavy duty Bosch Circular Saw is affordable and excellent for right handed users in respect to sight lines.
- The circular saw boasts an impressive 6,200 revolutions per minute
- The circular saw delivers a carbide saw blade
- There have been issues with the guide which is problematic unless the operator is free cutting
- Not optimal for left handed operators
- There have been reported issues with the base and lack of stability in both the saw blade and the base
10. DEWALT DWS535 7 ¼ Inch Circular Saw: The Magnesium Constructed Powerhouse
The DEWALT DWS535 Circular Saw provides a comprehensive magnesium construct that allows the stability for heavy duty work with a material that is so lightweight that it allows optimal handling and portability. The design is optimal for operators that are searching for a quick clean cut every time.
Circular saw DEWALT DWS535 boasts an impressive speed of over 4,800 RPM and is able to handle angles up to 53 degrees. DEWALT DWS525 is one of the most user friendly circular saws on the market with access to spindle locks and jerk protection for a safer work experience. This DEWALT DWS35 can cut through relatively anything that is put in its way.
- This DEWALT DWS535 Circular Saw comes with a three year limited warranty
- The circular saw is created from magnesium which allows more stability and a lighter weighted material.
- This circular saw system boasts an impressive 4,800 RPM
- This circular saw comes from a company that has been producing quality circular saws for many years so buyers feel more confident purchasing from a company with a reputation for excellence
- There have been reported issues with the motors beginning to spark if the circular saw is in use on a rigorous basis
- There have been reports of issues with stability within the base as well as stability of the blade.
More tools at the following pages: