I have owned many different table saws over the years and have used even more but I can’t say with any certainty which is the best or the worst. It all depends on what you are looking for and what you need. The decision of which kind to buy is a personal one but there are some important factors to consider. Though I like to consider myself an expert, no one can choose for YOU. All I can do is give you some pointers based on years of experience. In the next section of the article, I will the top-rated and best table saws you can find in 2016. Then, I will guide you through how you can choose the perfect saw for your needs.
Top 15 Best Table Saws Reviews
Best Job Site Table Saws
1. DEWALT DW745 10’’ Compact Jobsite Table Saw: The Classic Heavy Duty Saw
The Dewalt DW745 offers the classic heavy duty saw feel. This corded 120 volt heavy duty monster provides all the stability that you need for those heavy duty jobs. This table saw is equipped with a modular guarding system that allows operators the ability to obtain the perfect cut every time that they operate the machinery.
This table saw is a classic and has been power housing through projects since 2006. These table saws are excellent for warehouses and for active saw operators who conduct their own businesses through their homes. The Dewalt saws also deliver saws that consumers know that they can rely on to be durable and ready to tackle any type of handy work that they are applied to.
The Dewalt DW745 starts at around $299-$900. This price reflects the actual table saw, the carbide blades that come with the system, the push stick, blade guard, and miter gauge that all come included with the purchase of the Dewalt system.
- The table saw has a very sturdy heavy duty base that will withstand extensive use
- This table saw comes with a three year limited warranty. Technical support is available to help address issues with the saws.
- The table saw is over 50 lbs. which is heavier than some of the newer and more versatile table saws around today.
- There have been complaints about blade mounting issues and having additional issues with the saw blades wobbling.
2. Bosch GTS1031 10’’ Portable Jobsite Table Saw: The Storable Table Saw
The Bosch GTS1031 table saw is a 15 amp powerhouse that gets the job done. The new Bosch design makes portability a breeze. The new design allows for a sturdy base to help with stability on long term projects as well as offers handles and a more compact design that makes transporting the table saw easier than ever. This compact design also allows for the Bosch GTS to be one of the easiest storable table saws on the market.
The Bosch is designed to tear through numerous different projects with ease and comfort of use. An additional stand is developed for this specific table saw and can be purchased separately for operators that do not already have a base for these portable table saws or are looking for a portable stand to go along with their table saws.
The Bosch GTS1031 starts at about $360. This price reflects the table saw, the blades, the lock rip fence, storage areas, and the guard system that all come included with the purchase of these table saws.
- This table saw produces over 5,000 revolutions per minute
- This table saw produces 15 amps of power
- The base adds more stability than ever before allowing once complicated projects to become a breeze.
- The table saw is over 50 lbs which is heavy than some of the newer table saws available and might not be as easily accessible to some consumers.
3. Bosch 4100-09 10’’ Worksite Table Saw with Gravity Rise Stand: The Supreme Portable Table Saw
The Bosch 4100 is offering a radical new way to look at table saw portability. The compact and sleek design to the stand and table saw combination leave little worries in terms of both stability and portability. The Bosch 4100 offers a new outlook on the term on the go jobs and stands up against many rigorous projects that were used to test the combination of stand and saw.
This table saw is able to produce 15 amps of power and over 3600 revolutions per minute allowing it to easily rip through various projects that have been placed in its way to help determine how well the saw will perform under pressure.
Consumers can rest at ease knowing that this table saw and stand come from a long standing company that offers table saws and stands of good quality.
The Bosch 4100 starts at around $530-$2,000. This includes the table saw unit, the gravity rise table saw stand, the blades, rip fencing, guard and a variety of other accessories that come with the purchase of this Bosch table saw.
- This table saw comes with a one year limited warranty
- The table saw and stand allow for maximum portability.
- There have been a few reported issue of the blade wobbling.
- This table saw does not come with an extended warranty option
4. DEWALT DW744XRS: The Accurate Choice
This table saw comes with many numerous applications to help improve the overall performance of the unit. This table saw is a superb choice when slicing through hardwood or other pressure treated woods. This table saw has a built in feedback device that helps to create the accurate cuts every time that the saw is in use. It has improved the overall accuracy of the unit and has allowed this model of Dewalt to be one of the most accurate table saws being manufactured.
This saw (unit) starts pricing at around $500. This price includes everything from the table saw, the blades, the wrenches, miter gauge, rip fence, and many other additional features that come exclusively with this table saw unit. DEWALT is renowned for producing top of the line consumer equipment and always receive outstanding customer satisfaction ratings. Customers can feel more at ease purchasing a table saw that comes from a long line of customer satisfying products.
- This table saw comes with six months of financing as well as a one year limited warranty with the option to purchase more warranty available
- There have been issues with base stability as well as blade stability
5. DEWALT DWE7491RS 10-Inch Jobsite Table Saw: The Handyman Table Saw
The Dewalt DWE7491RS makes quick work of the easiest projects with its impressive 15 amp motor. This table saw unit comes with many additional features such as an adjustable fence and an automatic brake system to help reduce the instances of accidents when operating this table saw unit. The base is constructed in a way that offers supreme stability and durability when working on long house work projects. The unit also provides easy set up and storage options.
The Dewalt is perfect for every day handiwork that has been needing to get down. It does impressive work with installing hardwood floors, building or repairing the deck, as well as other various remodeling adventures.
The Dewalt prices start at around $550. This price includes the table saw unit, the miter gauge, the push stick, a rolling stand, the saw blades, a rip fence, all of which are available through purchase of this table saw unit.
- This table saw unit comes with a three year limited warranty
- This saw is produced from a company that has many years of previous customer service experience and excellence behind them. Consumers will feel at ease knowing they are purchasing a table saw unit from a company that knows table saws.
- There have been few reported issues with the table saw needing additional maintenance shortly after purchase and use on extensive projects
- The unit is heavy weighing in at over 110 lbs which can cause issues with maximum portability options.
6. SKIL 3410-02 120-Volt 10-Inch Table Saw: The Affordable Choice
The SKIL 3410 is one of the most durable and affordable table saws on the market today. This corded 120 volt power horse works through even the toughest material at a price that anyone could afford. The new design is more compact and light weight allowing this stocky table saw to slim down to less than seventy pounds of pure work force.
This Skil also comes with many added advantages and applications that can be added to these table saws to provide a more customized experience.
The Skil starts pricing at around $200. This price includes the table saw unit, the blades, the miter gauge, and the rip fence that all come included with the purchase of this table saw unit. This table saw is produced by Skil who has a long history of customer satisfaction and is a company that is known for producing top of the line equipment for use. Customers can feel at ease knowing that their table saws come from a manufacturer that puts the customers’ needs first.
- This table saw unit has a strong base that allows for maximum durability and stability
- This table saw unit has an increased weight capabilities to take on more heavy duty projects
- This table saw comes with a one year limited warranty
- Manufactured by a well-known company that also offer technical support should anything happen to your saw.
- There have been some reported issues with blade mounting and instability within the blade
7. Makita 2703 15 Amp Bench top Table Saw: The Jobsite Table Saw
The Makita 2703 is the solid choice when considering table saws for the jobsite. The design is compact and allows for maximum portability. The adequate 15 amp motor is still able to power through most projects that are placed in for the test.
The Makita has also been available for 1999 and people still keep coming back and purchasing this saw as well as other Makita products which shows that not only is this an outstanding saw it is also from a company that produces top of the line consumer products.
The Makita comes equipped with many new added features that allow the Makita to be the overall better choice such as an automatic electric brake, a features that has become essential in most table saws and on most job sites.
The Makita costs around $600 depending on the seller. This price reflects the table saw, blades, rip fence, guard, wrenches, and miter gauges that all come included with the purchase of this table saw.
- The Makita is in the middle range of weights so it allows easier portability while providing a strong sturdy base of operation.
- This table saw comes with an automatic electric brake
- There are warranty options available for these table saws.
- There have been reported issues with raising the blade or with the saw blade wobbling when in use
- The whole bench top table saw set up is heavy weighting in over 40 pounds which is the middle range when it comes to weight.
8. DEWALT DW744X 10’’ Job Site Table Saw: The Ripping Machine
The DEWALT name is no stranger to outstanding performance and this DW744X is no stranger to the tradition. This table saw pairs a 15 amp engine with all the additional tools that you need to allow users to produce ripping capabilities up to 25 inches.
This high torque machine offers up to 3,650 revolutions per minute and can cut through virtually anything that you might place in front of it. The saw is equipped with an electronic feedback device that helps to stabilize the machine and allow for one of the most consistent cuts available. The table saw itself weighs less than 60 lbs. which allows more ease of use as well as more opportunities to make this table saw portable an asset on any job site.
The prices for this Dewalt start at around $450.00. This price reflects the cost of the table saw as well as all the additional features that comes standard with your purchase. An additional stand can be purchased to help maximize stability.
- The whole table saw is lightweight and durable which allows for maximum portability and ease of use
- The 15 amp motor can produce over 3,650 revolutions per minute and can rip up to 25 inches without stoping
- This table saw is amongst some of the more expensive table saws and is not recommended for beginners
- The product is manufactured in Mexico which can cause parts to be harder to obtain and might cause delays
9. DEWALT DWE7480: Workplace Approved
The DEWALT DWE7480, operates using a 15 amp motor that is capable of producing over 4,800 revolutions per minute and slicing through many difficult materials. This saw comes with additional safety features such as rear feet that are used to help stabilize this saw on uneven surfaces improving the performance of the saw.
The base is also constructed from metal which allows for more stability without having to sacrifice transportability. Fence adjusting is now fast and easy with the new design that allows for adjustability on any type of project.
This saw unit starts pricing at around $370. This price includes everything from the table saw, the blades, the wrenches, miter gauge, rip fence, and many other additional features that come exclusively with this table saw unit. DEWALT is renowned for producing top of the line consumer equipment and always receive outstanding customer satisfaction ratings. Customers can feel more at ease purchasing a table saw that comes from a long line of customer satisfying products.
- This product comes from a line of other similar products that have all received outstanding customer service ratings
- This table saw unit comes with a three year limited warranty
- The table saw weighs in at around 50 lbs. which allows for maximum stability while still allowing a compact enough design to be portable.
- The machine is imported which means that if the table saw were to malfunction it could take longer to acquire the potential parts needed to fix the unit
10. Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw: Precision Cut
The Rockwell is the perfect table saw for those projects that need just the right cut in order for everything to be perfect. They are superb for house remodeling and additional project of that nature. The Rockwell RK7241S Table Saw comes with an inclusive laser that automatically helps to lay out the guidelines for the perfect cut every time without fail. You will never have to guess on where to cut ever again.
The 15 amp motor that powers the Rockwell does not let anything stop it and is able to produce over 4,800 revolutions per minute allowing for a faster and more precise cut every time the table saw is in use. Features such as these are why the Rockwell is the perfect precision cut.
The Rockwell starts pricing at around $400. This includes the table saw unit with all of its additional features. The table saw comes from Rockwell which is a manufacturing company that has seen many years of prestigious customer satisfaction and produced some of the most dependable and top of the line table saw and accessories available on the market today.
- This table saw unit comes with a limited two year warranty for their products.
- This table saw is capable of cutting through 4×4 lumbar as well as additional heavy duty materials that other table saws have difficulties with.
- There have been some reported issues with damaging during the shipping process which will compromise the accuracy and precision of the table saw
The Best Contractor Table Saws
11. Makita 2705 10-Inch Contractor Table Saw: The Affordable Contractor Table
The Makita 2705 is the supreme choice when it comes to affordable contractor table saws. This 15 amp motored power house can rip through more materials while producing over 4,800 revolutions per minute. The simple sleek design of the 2705 allows for an ease of use as well as maximum transportability throughout the entire job site.
This table saw is perfect for heavy duty projects and is intended for operators that make their trade in carpentry, and other similar contractors. The Makita comes with exclusive accessories that were created with the operators comfort in mind such as the modular guard system that allows for a more perfected cut every time the table is in use. This table saw also comes with an anti-kick feature that promotes the overall safety of the operator and those around them. It also boosts productivity. This table saw also includes additional features such as repositioning without plate removal and other comprehensive benefits.
The Makita starts out at around $500. This price reflects the table saw unit, the carbide blades, rip fence, wrenches, push stick, and miter gauge that comes included with the table saw unit.
- The Makita comes with a one year limited warranty
- The table saw comes from a long line of products that has received supreme customer satisfaction
- There have been some reported issues with the blade wobbling or not raising appropriately
- There have been issues reported with instability in the base of the table saw.
12. Sawstop CNS175-SFA30 1-3/4 HP Contractor Saw: The Safety Conscience Saw
The Sawstop Cns175 is the all in one contractor table saw unit available on the market today. In addition this Sawstop provides one of the most safety conscience table saw units available for purchase. The Sawstop comes with an automatic brake system that is able to stop the blade within milliseconds reducing the risk of injuries such as amputations drastically.
The table also comes equipped with a lock key and main power switch that allows for an additional safety measure as this prevents any unauthorized operators from trying to operate this table saw unit.
These saws and their kits start at around $1000. This price reflects the table saw unit that produces over 1.75 horsepower’s, the blades, miter gauge, aluminum fence system, stamped wings, riving knife, blade guard, contractor saw stand, and blade wrenches which all come included with the purchase of this product.
- This saw features an automatic electric blade that is able to stop the spinning blade within milliseconds which greatly reduces the risk of table saw related injuries.
- This table saw comes with its own stand as well as an arrangement of benefits that outweigh most of the competition
- This table saw comes with many additional features that help promote safety
- The table saw unit is bulky and comes with many different pieces that can be hard to keep up with at times.
- There have been reported issues with the base stability as well as stability within the saw blade.
13. Sawstop CNS175-TGP36 Contractor Saw Job Site Cart: Ready to Work
The CNS table saw manufactured by SawStop is ready for whatever job you might need it for. This lightweight 1.75 horsepower machine can rip through a large variety of materials that other table saws would find difficult. This blade also comes with an automatic trigger that is able to sense when something non material such as a finger or a hand comes into contact with the blade and it is able to stop the blade within milliseconds which greatly reduced the risk of severe injury when operating this type of machinery.
This table saw boasts a shrouded blade that allows for better dust collection and an overall cleaner work place and better precision.
The SawStop starts pricing at around $1500. This includes the table saw as well as the stand and all of the other comprehensive accessories that are available for purchase through this offer. The SawStop name is a manufacturing brand that prides itself on offering the most in table saws and has always received outstanding customer service reviews and ratings.
- This table saw comes with a one year limited warranty
- This unit includes a saw stand to help maximize performance as well as portability
- The lightweight construct has this table saw weighing in at around 50 lbs.
- The price range might deter some consumers as it is meant for a more structured workshop environment
- There have been issues with overall stability of the construct.
Best Cabinet Table Saws
14. Grizzly G0690 Cabinet Table Saw with Riving Knife: The Powerhouse
The Grizzly G0690 is a powerhouse in the table saw world even without the added additional of the riving knife. This 220 volt 3 horsepower powerhouse knows how to get the job done right the first time. The Grizzly is meant to stand out and be the pride and joy of any carpenter or contractors workshop. The riving knife option is an additional bonus as it helps to move the blade allowing for a more precise cut every time. Iron trunnions are also used to help stabilize the all over construct of the table saw to help with performance.
The Grizzly starts pricing at around $1600. This amount includes all of the components of the system such as the table saw, the rip fence, miter gauge, and saw blades as well as numerous other parts that allow for the most customizable experience. Grizzly is also a manufacturing company that prides itself on the quality of table saws that they produce and have received numerous statements of customer satisfaction.
- This powerhouse of a table saw can produce over 4,300 revolutions per minute which is more than enough to power through some of the toughest materials.
- Warranty options are available
- The unit is exceedingly heavy which greatly diminishes its ability to be portable as well as being bulky presents a storage issue.
- There have been a few reported issues with blade alignment as well as overall blade stability with these products.
15. Shop Fox W1820 Table Saw: The Pride of the Workshop
This 3 horsepower powerhouse knows how to perform quality work. This table saw unit is intended to be the pride of any hardworking workshop and comes with all the added necessities to ensure its success.
The Shop Fox is designed using cast iron to allow the most durable and stabilize work platform available. Cast iron trunnions are used to ensure that everything stays in its own place. The Fox also delivers a quick releasing riving knife that allows for a more precise cut every time it is in use. The table saw has a blade guard and an automatic brake system to help promote safety. This table saw comes with every component needed to run a successful workshop and with everything in one area it offers an ease of use that consumers have been craving.
These table saws start pricing at around $1800. This price reflects the entire table saw system as well as all of its accessories that come along with the product. Shop Fox is a company that has been producing top of the line table saws and prides itself on customer satisfaction.
- This product comes with a two year limited warranty
- This table saw comes with an array of different accessories that allow for maximum ease of use.
- The price range may limit some contractors as this is a more heavy duty table saw
- There have been some reported issues with the blade slipping when at rest.
Main Types of Table Saws
1. Portable table saws
As the name suggests, these saws can be easily moved from one place to another and they usually have wheels. This is useful for woodworkers who do a lot of work on – site. Unfortunately, in order to get the portability, you do have to make some sacrifices.
The saws are typically equipped with smaller motors and have aluminum tops (compared to the traditional cast iron). These measures are necessary to make the machine light enough to transport. The result is less powerful but noisier machine that will struggle with certain materials.
Portable table saws are typically not the top of the line in durability, accuracy and power but what you lose there you make up in convenience and a compact size. As with any product, these have pros and cons.
2. Contractor table saws
These saws are semi-portable and typically weigh between 250 and 350 pounds. They aren’t going to go easily from place to place and aren’t meant for on-site contractor work. They don’t come on wheels like portable saws and are obviously heavy but they do have features that make them easier to move, if necessary.
These saws usually feature a cast iron table top, but not cast iron “wings.” Therefore, they are more stable and less noisy than portable saws but are still a step up from portable saws. The extension panels (or ‘wings’) are often not made of cast iron meaning that they are a step up from the portable saws but still not the “best of the best.”
These machines make the most sense for intermediate to expert home woodworkers or hobbyists. Novices or people who are not seriously interested in woodworking should probably start by purchasing a portable table saw. As always, it depends on your needs.
3. Cabinet table saws
These saws are what you would typically find in a professional woodworker’s shop. They are constructed almost entirely of cast iron and steel and have larger motors. They, however, are less noisy than the other saw types because the motor is enclosed inside of the cabinet.
They are NOT portable and are best for someone looking for a long-term investment. You will have this machine for a long time and it will take up a decent amount of real estate in your shop. You shouldn’t choose to purchase one of these on a whim and aren’t a great choice for people just starting out with woodworking.
They are expensive and really only suitable for experts and professionals. PLEASE do not go out, on your first purchase table saw purchase, and buy one of these! Start out a little smaller.
4. Hybrid table saws
A hybrid is a blend or mixture of two things and that’s just what these are. These saws are the most modern thing on the market. They are innovative and a new take on a machine that is a must-have for every woodworker.
The idea is that they are the next generation in table saws because these machines are built to feature the most important features of the cabinet saws, and put them in a machine that is less expensive and more compact. Like the cabinet saws they feature the enclosed motor base design. So what features can you expect to find in a hybrid?
- Smaller motor than a cabinet saw but still larger than the average contractor saw.
- Smaller wings which make the machine lighter and more portable.
- Smaller price tag
These saws are ideal for intermediate woodworkers who want a high quality machine but are not ready to invest in a cabinet saw. They are designed to be the best of both worlds and, for some, they really are. It, of course, depends on your personal needs but these types of saws are great for a lot of people.
How do I find the best table saw for me?
Read over the above descriptions and then ask yourself the following questions:
1. Why do I want a table saw?
Are you a hobbyist, a professional, a contractor? Is this something you are going to make a living doing? Will you get a return on your investment? These answers will affect your budget as well as other factors.
2. What kind of projects will I use it for?
Are you planning to use it for tougher projects? For larger projects? For projects that require accuracy? These answers will affect what kind of machine you need. For very tough projects, for example, portable saws are not normally the way to go.
3. What is my budget?
Can you spend a lot? A little? Or somewhere in between?
4. How often will I use it?
Is this something you will use daily? Weekly? Monthly? Or rarely?
5. Am I a novice, intermediate or expert woodworker?
What is your level of experience? If you are a a beginner do you hope to continue to progress? If you woodwork for fun are you considering turning it into a career?
6. Do I need to move my saw from place to place?
Is portability and a small size important?
7. What do I have room for?
Do you have room for something big or do you need something that will fold down?
8. Is noise an issue?
Where will I keep my saw? Is it going to be in the house, in a separate shop at your house, at your place of business? Or will it only be used on job sites. That will affect the importance of whether you need it to be quiet, of course.
9. How long do I hope to keep my saw?
How important is durability? Do you hope to have the saw for many years?
This question will certainly help you pick the best table saw for your needs.
As a professional carpenter I know the way things work and what you should look for in a table saw. There is no one BEST table saw. It all depends on your needs, budget and experience level.
I love to work on hobby projects at my home shop and, because of that, I know that what a professional uses and what a hobbyist needs are often very different. It’s my goal to give you the information and tools that YOU need to choose the right table saw for YOU.